CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reality Check

Life has been busy since the day I was born, but different stages of life are busier than others. For instance, I remember as a child that I wanted to go out every night and have tons of friends. I was gone from sunup to sundown some days playing (the world was much safer then) but my life was so carefree I don't think I realized I was busy. As I have married and have had children life has changed so much. At first I stayed home with my children and though I never left the house some days, I only got a shower when I managed to get up before everyone else or took it after everyone went to bed. My life revolved around bottles, toys, dirty diapers and trying to keep a house clean and good food in everyone's tummies! Alas, those were the days!
My life is different now, I work, go to school and still try to keep everyone's schedules organized. I may not drive everyone everywhere anymore, but I still have to make sure someone else is. There is still, soccer, piano, ballroom, church activities, scouts and jobs to get to and from. We only have two cars which can be difficult to manage, but somehow we do. Sometimes when I lay my head on my pillow I wonder how we do it! Thank heavens for car pools and bicycles! I lie in my bed organizing the next day and then I realize I didn't think of something and I have to get up and figure it out.
Life is crazy now, but in a good way! Kaylee will be heading off to college soon and though I am amazed that she is old enoug to go, I am thrilled for her. I loved those years so much! April will be 16 next week (holy cow!)and plans to get her license that day! It will be nice to have another driver, but I doubt she will ever have a car to drive! Oh well, we lived through it as teenagers!
Alex is such a rock for me. She is there when I need her in so many ways. The truth is all my girls inspire me and this busy life I live has been and is wonderful!
So if I ever spend my time whining here, please give me that reality check I need that I am so blessed and that busy is good! Some day all these kids in my van will be on their own and I will look over at Troy and say "Everyone is so busy!"

0 comments: