CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

REMEMBER!

Helloooo again! I think I must have sounded a little discouraged in my last post. My brother called my mom to see if I was ok. I am ok! In fact things are getting better all the time. Kaylee seems to be doing very well at school and socially too! She has made a few friends with the young women in the church. April and Alex seem to be doing a little better, but are still working on finding "JOY"! I know it will be better. I wouldn't want to be in Jr. High for anything! Would you want to go back? The elementary kids seem to be fitting in great! Kameron is loving having a scouting program. Abbey is loving Activity Days! They are easily entertained so it doesn't take much! Throw them in a room with a tv, computer and plenty of food and you wouldn't see them for days! I try to only use that scenerio as a last resort!
Talking about school has got me thinking...do you remember your school years? I know that I went to a different school every year until high school, so my experiences are very different than most. I remember how hard it was to fit in, how the secretary at almost every school needed to buy a bra, how I loved the school lunches because they made them from scratch at some of the schools, especially the cinnamon rolls! I remember the plays, the debate team,the school newspaper and the very important recess. I remember swinging on the swings like spiders with my best friend Susie and singing "Private Eyes are Watching you". I remember riding my bike everywhere; it was a yellow ten speed and I think I wore it out! I remember mowing lawns, babysitting, cleaning and farm work to earn money for school clothes and fun! I remember lots of great times and a few really hard ones. I think as you get older when you look back you remember the good and try to forget the bad. Someone once told me that works with children too. When they grow up they don't remember that you yelled at them!? Do you think it is true? It is for me! I cannot remember my mother ever being mad at me...now I know that can't be true, but I really can't remember. Maybe I really was as good as I thought!!Haha! I bet my children won't be that lucky! It is fun to look back and remember all the experiences that have shaped you. I wonder what I would be like if I had never moved. Or if I didn't have to learn to make friends all the time? Both of those experiences have proven to be great assets in my life. I usually make friends easily and have learned to adapt to change. I wonder what my kids will remember. Do you think it will be vacations or game night? I think the most memorable things are usually the little things!

0 comments: