CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

I was lost, but now I'm found...


I know it has been a long time since I wrote which is actually kind of sad since there has been so much going on. Let see, we had the holidays, which we spent in Minnesota. They were great. The best part was Troy was home with us! We shared Thanksgiving with a couple of wonderful branch(church)friends! Troy flew out just after Thanksgiving and it was a very long month until we saw him again! I am so glad that is over! Christmas was stressful, as we were trying to get things packed. We took the Christmas tree down on Christmas day. That was kind of sad. Then the day after Christmas a bunch of men from the church came and helped Troy pack the truck. Oh didn't I mention...we moved! No, we didn't sell the house, but we have some great friends taking care of it until it sells. Anyway, we finished loading the truck, cleaning the house and started on our way to Utah! It took a lot of effort to get most of the stuff on the truck we rented and when it didn't all fit I started to lose it! Troy gave in to my pleadings (reluctantly, since he thinks we should just have disposable furniture!) and got a trailer to pull behind the 26' truck. I was happy until I realized we would still be leaving things behind! I know it is just "stuff", but we are those kind of people who don't replace things that we get rid of. Anyway, after some mourning for my unpacked possessions,we began our journey to Utah.
We decided to make it a little fun for the kids and so we stayed at a water park hotel in South Dakota. It was a lot of fun! Troy and I were so heavy together on the tubes we thought we would never stop in the toilet bowl slide! That is another story! So that night we drove up to Mt. Rushmore to see the lights shining on the mountain. It never even dawned on me that it would be closed. The last time we had been there it was summer you know! The roads were pretty clear and when we arrived the gate was open, but no one was there. The faces were all lit up and we enjoyed a full, clear view, without the crowd! It was great! I imagine most people don't go to South Dakota to look at the mountain two days after Christmas. We also went to reptile garden and though we couldn't see all the reptiles because it is too cold, we had a good time. The bonus is that it is way cheaper in the winter!
We arrived in Utah on New Year's Eve! We had a couple of guys show up to help us unload, but mostly handled it ourselves. Thank heavens for my tough girls!
So we are starting a new year in a new town, with new faces and new schools, but we keep reminding ourselves that we are finally together and that is truly all that counts!

1 comments:

Bailey Brood said...

I am so happy you guys made it safe and sound. Remind your girls they are warrior princesses and have fought tougher battles than being new. You have an amazing family. We love you and will keep you all in our prayers.